Continuing Professional Development Modules at the Universities 2020-2021
A range of modules at both Sussex and Brighton universities, and in-house are available for practitioners to undertake this new academic year, providing great opportunities for professional development.
CPD Modules available:
- Understanding Autism & Learning Disability *New at Sussex University
- Exploring Death & Dying *New at Sussex University
- Practice Education Stage 1 *ESCC separate application process; see attached
- Practice Education Stage 2: available at Brighton & Sussex Universities.
- Decision Making and Partnership Working in Health, Social Work and Social Care; Practice with Older People
- Attachment Theory Informed Practice Across the Lifespan
- Social Work in Multidisciplinary Settings
- Ethics, Values and Equalities in Mental Health
- Critical Reflection on Practice
- Independent Learning for Advanced Practice in Mental Health or Social Care
- Research in Advanced Social Work Practice: the Dissertation
The closing date for all module applications is 4th September, this will allow for the decision making process.
Please complete the relevant application form, cc’ing line manager/supervisor by way of approval and send to:
Please do not send them directly to the university, as the applications need to be considered and funding agreed internally before they will be sent to the university.
Post Graduate Diploma: Approved Mental Health Practice Applicant Information 2021
- Start date of the course - Induction day on Monday 11th January (for both part-time and full-time students)
- Last day of the course - Tuesday 8th June (for part-time students this will be an opportunity to join with the full-time students for a course evaluation)
For more information about becoming an AMHP email Jenny.Ryan@eastsussex.gov.uk
See below attachments to view a Brighton University application form and AMHP course flyer
Closing date for completed applications to Lynda Casey by 4th September 2020
Please note course updated infromation:
Practice Education Stage 1 Course now full.
Practice Education Stage 2: available at Brighton & Sussex Universities. Speak to Rachel Moran separately about this course before applying.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INFORMATION FOR BIAs WILL BE COMING OUT SEPARATELY .
For information on completing Deprivation of Liberty Safeguarding training and or AMHP training, please contact: Lynda.Casey@eastsussex.gov.uk
N.B. the AMHP and BIA/DoLS modules are also open to all registered professionals including OTs and Nurses.