Using coaching techniques can be helpful in team meetings to generate ideas and find solutions to problems. It can be most useful when a team has a common objective for a project they are delivering.
Coaching techniques will help to:
- Give all individuals within the group the space to think and contribute innovative ideas or solve problems
- Transfer skills between the team members - including coaching skills
- Build relationships between team members by establishing a strong focus on helping each other
- Encourage members to be more open about their needs and sharing feedback
- Build engagement by creating an authentic, open and honest space where they feel listened to and respected by the other members of the group
- Develop leadership skills in presenting to a group, listening, asking good questions, action planning and reflection.
Following the GROW model and giving each member time to think and contribute to the process will help ensure you run a successful team coaching session.